Friday, March 5, 2010
The M Word...Muffins
I bet a lot of people are having some trouble with breakfast. It is a common issue that people have because many people are understandably sick of having 3 scrambled eggs with an apple for their morning meal. Here is where you can take your creativity and make something different for "breakfast." Your morning meal doesn't have to be the foods that are associated with breakfast. Last nights dinner probably makes for a great reheated meal, we have even seen tuna and soup as early as 6:30 AM. But for those of you who are not quite comfortable with eating steak in the morning here is an easy and fast alternative that you can make and grab on the go.
Veggies of choice (peppers (raw or cooked), onions (raw or cooked), broccoli (raw or cooked), zucchini (cooked), spinach, tomato, carrot, kale (cooked))
Meat of choice (chicken (cooked), ground beef (cooked), ground turkey (cooked))
Seasoning of choice (pepper, garlic, paprika, chipotle peppers, red pepper flakes, curry, cumin)
1 muffin tray
- Preheat oven to 350
- Take a paper towel and dip it in olive oil, wipe the inside of the muffin cups with the towel
- In the bottom of the muffin tins, put whatever veggies or meat you want (not too much, you have to add eggs into it too)
- In a bowl beat 1 less eggs then you have muffin tins
- Pour enough egg into each tin to cover the goodness in the bottom and to bring up 3/4 full
- Put the tin in the preheated oven
- Cook for 20-30 minutes
- To check if its done, use a toothpick. If it comes out clean its DONE. (The top of the muffin should not be very dark, but look set and cooked)
These are easy and totally Paleo and you can make a batch and keep them in the refrigerator. To reheat, put however many into a paper towel and put it in the microwave for 30 seconds.
How do you like them apples?